quarta-feira, 22 de julho de 2009

Lime green eyes (filfhygorgeousmakeup contest)

This week I decided to take part in Natalya's contest on youtube (a.k.a. filthygorgeousmakeup, click on her username to check her channel out) and she asked us to recreate one of her looks. The decision was very difficult, but finally I chose "For pomidorek100". The look has no name and the video is just a slideshow, but I tried to reproduce it n my way with produts that I had around.

Natalya used MAC products to achieve the look (click here to see the original slideshow), but I got my 120 palette around and swatched some colours until get a closer shade to the pictures shown. My look is more on the matte side than Natalya's but I think It's still the same idea.



To start it I used primer (Urban Decay Primer Potion) and cream beige base (Gosh cream eyeshow in stick "Love that Beige!") to hold the eyeshadow better, then I applied the green and yellow colours, as presented in the video, in "degrade". (Colours from 120 palette, indicated in the picture)

The look presents a "cut crease" - very sharp line transition between colours - and this time I tried to come with a bit of a technique I learnt from other youtube channel - BeautyARTStudio - that consists of using a creamy eyeliner to drawn shapes and smudge it rather than do it with liquid eyeliner or eyeshadow. On the top of the it I used brown and black (from 120 palette, check picture above) to deepen it and set the eyeliner.

To highlight browbone and inner corner I used a light gold mixed with white, making the eyes look brighter and bigger. Also white eyeliner (Rimmel Kohl white eyeliner) on waterline was used. To finish the look I applied my liquid black eyeliner (Revlon Colorstay Liq. Eyeliner in Blackest Black) on my upper lashline and 2 coats of mascara (Maybelline Express Volume in Turbo Black)

For face I used my liquid foundation (MAC Studio Fix Fuid SPF 15 in NW25) and concealer (MAC Studio Finish in SPF35 in NW30), setting with a transparent pressed powder (Rimmel Stay Matte in Transparent) and blush (MAC Powder Blush in Sincere). For lips I used a light coraly pink lipstick (BarryM in 147) and I topped with Rimmel Vinyl Bronze Lipgloss in 199 Sunset.

Let me know what you think about this look and I talk to you soon
x x

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Hopelessly says