quinta-feira, 16 de julho de 2009

Random Skincare Products

Together with my everyday, some other products were added to list to boost my look. They were tested for a couple of weeks already and I’m generally happy about their efficiency.


First let’s start with my non-everyday but religious “3x a week” scrub: St. Ives Apricot Scrub for Blemish Fighting. I don’t know if I mentioned in my last post, but I did in my last video (check it out here) that I have Oily/Acne Prone Skin, I think you could guess from my everyday routine. Ok, back to St. Ives! It’s a really dense scrub – as soon as you squeeze it from the tube, it comes creamy and full of fines beads, revealing a fresh scent, not necessarily Apricot, but something in this meaning. I use every other day and when I can’t use in this way, I try to keep it at least 3 times a week. By scrubbing your face and neck you get rid of dead cells that may deposit on your pores and allows the skin surface to regenerate in a better way from any spot or dry patch area. St. Ives has 2% salicylic acid in its formula, which is a plus and does its job perfectly. If you are acne prone but has sensitive skin, they developed a range of different scrubs for your specific skin type, so it’s worth a visit to their website, just click here.


Next are masks. I love any Clay mask, and it works great for my skin as it’s known that clay helps to absorb oiliness from skin in depth. Right now I’m using a clay mask with cucumber smoothie from Boots, and I tend to use it twice a week. After 10 minutes with mask on (it says 3 minute maks, but I leave for 10 min :D), you wash with warm water and feels your skin SOOO SOFT! And oil-free. When I need to prepare myself for a special event I use MUDD clay mask, which I think it’s a bit better than the one with cucumber. If you are interested in knowing how it actually works, click here, but summarising the point of view, clay masks are good for any type of skin, specially oily, and helps the cleanse of pores for a healthier skin, and tighten pores and cell hydration for a better looking ;) all good stuff.



Another mask really like it’s the honey and strawberry mask. I usually smash 2-3 strawberries in 3-4 tablespoons of honey and apply onto my face for 15-20 minutes. Honey has an antibacterial property that helps acne fighting and any other inflammation you may have for any reason. The strawberry also has antiseptic property and its acids help for a more even skin, not to mention the tons of vitamins that can surely make your skin look healthier. Wash with fresh water and your face will look and smell wonderfully.


The final one: the homemade microdermabrasion I will give a special post, due to the length of instructions and the mystery behind it, plus some comparisons with similar professional treatments.

Talk to you soon

x x

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Hopelessly says